[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Amps] Vernier knobs?

To: "Roger" <>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vernier knobs?
From: "Mark Robinson" <>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 19:15:47 -0500
List-post: <">>
You used to see them on old analog scopes

Mark N1UK

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Roger" <>
Cc: <>
Sent: Friday, 02 October, 2009 7:11 PM
Subject: [Amps] Vernier knobs?

> I've been looking for some vernier knobs for quite a while. They'd be 
> akin to a turns counter, but without the handle or counter. Appearance 
> would be a knob with calibrations and a skirt with calibrations that 
> moves a given travel for each turn.  That's about the best I can 
> describe one and It seems like I saw such an animal on some commercial 
> test gear, years ago. No, I don't want the little turns counters that go 
> with 10 turn pots.  I just don't like the looks of them.
> IOW I could do this with turns counters, but I want to replace the turns 
> counters with a much sleeker looking arrangement. These will be driving 
> vacuum caps and a roller inductor.
> Any one ever see any of these critters, or know where I can find 
> some.What I remember is something that looked similar to the knobs and 
> skirts on my Alpha 76, but the skirts turned much slower than the actual 
> knob.  However what I want turns the shaft at the same speed as the knob 
> while the skirt keeps track of the revolutions. Or is it just my old 
> imagination playing tricks telling me that such exist...or used to.
> 73
> Roger (K8RI)
> _______________________________________________
> Amps mailing list
Amps mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>