Re: [Amps] Silk screen alternatives

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Silk screen alternatives
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:32:14 +0000
My approach to front panel labelling is simple and straightforward: I don't!

After all, only I will operate that equipment, and after designing and
building it, I should know pretty well which knob does what! I find
front panel labels ugly and unnecessary, and prefer the smooth, clean
look of an unlabelled panel!

The only cases when I do stick something to the panel is when I need a
calibrated scale around a knob. In that case I create it in Autocad,
print it in mirror-view on transparent film, completely cover the film
on the ink side with double sided stick tape, and stick it to the panel.
It looks decent, but not great. It holds up pretty well in time, as the
printing is behind the film, protected from fingers.

Manfred.