Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:07:11 -0400

Sorry but skin effect rules. It will not let RF pass thru any solid surface.

Think of the insulated wire sticking thru the wall of a screen room. In this
case it is acting as an antenna coupling energy from inside to outside or
the other way around.
All antennas have to have two legs. They won't work with just a single
element. There needs to be a return path. A vertical for example uses the
ground or ground plane as the return path. Without it there would be no
current and no radiation.
Same with the wire thru the screen room wall. We already know that there is
no energy coming or going if the wire is not stuck thru the wall. But when a
wire is stuck thru energy gets coupled from one side to the other. So the
return current has to follow back thru the hole. There is no other way for
it to complete the circuit.

73
Gary  K4FMX