[Amps] Good engineering...More Car Computer Horror Stories

To: "'mikea'" <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Good engineering...More Car Computer Horror Stories
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:53:18 -0500
> > If that's the case, I wonder how many incidents are caused when joe
> > trucker pulls up alongside with his 400-watt solid state CB "linear"
> > while chatting with his pals.
>
> > "Ten-fourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr good buddy"
>
> I was wondering very much the same sort of thing earlier today, though I
> grant I was musing more on cellphones and other weaker QRM.

My Wife commutes daily on I-20, between Dallas and Tyler, Texas in her 1999
Cadillac Eldorado. There is a stretch of about 5 miles, between two
cell/microwave towers where her "No Charge" annunciator lamp comes on. The
battery is being charged normally, but the computer says it is not. This
phenomena is repeatable day after day, at the same place on the route. Thank
God this is a "soft , temporary glitch," but is vary annoying. The fault is
caused by the digital voltmeter dropping below 11.9 volts while the car is
between towers. Who knows what is next?

Phil, K5PC