Re: [Amps] Good engineering...More Car Computer Horror Stories

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Good engineering...More Car Computer Horror Stories
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:15:44 -0400
> I have in my files a very nice letter from Toyota stating that it was okay
> with running up to 100 W Po in my `09 Scion. Can make it available upon
> request with my address redacted should anyone be interested.

>   Sounds like they still are!

   A few HAMs in North Tampa seem to enjoying kicking up their 2 meter power to
50 Watts
(while talking on local repeaters) on purpose, as they enter parking garages,
just to hear
the car alarms go off.
   Many free-banders (frequently called CBers) run thousands of Watts mobile.
Free-banders are like hams, but without power and frequency limitations.

   See: www.bigradios.com/avis/ if you are not a believer.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - The next election, I know what is going to happen, I'm going
to help.