Re: [Amps] A few nice ones on Ebay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] A few nice ones on Ebay
From: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:30:20 -0700 (PDT)

The point I wanted to make is that hopefully we don't end up sounding like
those folks on 80 meters running megawatt stations that will only talk to you
if you are in their "clique."

I would be quite embarrassed if anyone especially a potential ham were to come
across those types of juvenile hi-jinks and atrocious language on any Amateur
frequency.

They may be Extra Class, and run spectraly clean stations, but their foul
mouths and holier than thou attitudes have no place in what used to be a
gentleman's hobby.

Amateur operators of that "caliber" the hobby can well do without.

Politicians have broken more laws and stolen more "legally" from this great
country of ours than any 11 meter operator running more than 4 watts.

I like the analogy recently used saying just because your car will go 120 mph
does not mean it is illegal.  We as a nation and country have bigger worries.

                                                     Don   N8ECH