Re: [Amps] A few nice ones on Ebay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] A few nice ones on Ebay
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:00:10 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:30:20 -0700 (PDT), Donald Fox
<taurusshoguy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The point I wanted to make is that hopefully we don't end up sounding like
>those folks on 80 meters running megawatt stations that will only talk to you
>if you are in their "clique."
>
>I would be quite embarrassed if anyone especially a potential ham were to come
>across those types of juvenile hi-jinks and atrocious language on any Amateur
>frequency.

REPLY:

First of all, nobody runs megawatt stations on 80 or any other band.
If you want an intelligent conversation, don't exaggerate.

Second, if they want to talk to their own clique, that's their
business. Having an amateur license does not give you the right to
intrude on anyone else's conversation, any more that in normal life.
If they want to invite strangers, they will say so.

Third, I listen a lot to the bands and the "juvenile hi-jinks and
atrocious language" is pretty rare. Don't make mountains out of
molehills.

Perhaps you need a different hobby? Think about it.

73, Bill W6WRT