Re: [Amps] HV Connectors

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Connectors
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:25:23 -0400
Don't use any thing with foam dielectric for HV applications. Much of the
insulation is from the gas bubbles in the in the dielectric and if you flex it
enough the center conductor will mash the foam and reduce the breakdown
voltage, also if you should mash or kink it you will have the same results. You
can use RG-58 type cables with stranded center conductor but solid  insulation
at nearly as high of voltages as RG-59.

73
Bill wa4lav