Re: [Amps] HV Connectors - Millen?

To: <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <jimw7ry@gmail.com>, <k0wa@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Connectors - Millen?
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 07:57:26 -0700

Perhaps an easy safety fix on the scary Millen on the back of Drake L-4B,etc,
would be to find a hardware store short section  copper pipe or coupler with a
close fitting diameter to the OD of the Millen.  When you hook up the amp,
before screwing the HV millen on, slide the close fitting copper pipe sleeve
over the connector, and a convenient length down the HV cable, and have a
flexible braid with a high reliablity attachment to the Cu Sleeve, securely
grounded to a lockwashered, chasis terminal adjacent to the Millen connector.
That way, if there were any latent defects to the Millen, The copper sleeve
would provide a arc path to ground, and keep fingers, arms, wrists, etc from
brushing against unknown condition plastic/ polyethelene insulators, carrying
lethal danger, only small fractions of an inch away.

Best Regards,
73, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG