Re: [Amps] Centurion plate current issue

To: wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Centurion plate current issue
From: SECOPSYS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 20:34:31 EDT

Gary....even with power switch in OFF position and amp unplugged from wall
outlet, there may still be LETHAL VOLTAGES present in the amp.  If you are
poking around, touching,  and checking temperatures without being ABSOLUTELY
SURE capacitors are fully discharged, etc you are putting yourself at risk.
 At the least, take an insulated screwdriver and short the plate caps
(each) to the chassis of the amp.  Please be extrordinarily careful.  Or, put
the
20 screws back in and send it for repair which will be much less expensive
than a trip to the hospital (or worse).  Please, please be careful!

Thanks,
Richard

In a message dated 6/9/2010 8:03:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,