Re: [Amps] New High Efficiency 3-500Z plate caps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New High Efficiency 3-500Z plate caps
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 17:16:01 -0400

On 7/1/2010 2:54 PM, Randall, Randy wrote:
> I have to agree with Carl as to the price.  $45.00 ea or 2 for $85.00!  If
> you have a situation that you are damaging the seal due to poor cooling, they
> could be worth the price.  Otherwise the usual $5.00 units will be on my
> tubes.

In that case find the transistor heat sinks that look like these, drill
them out to fit the plate cap and ...you're in business.
If I'm not mistaken you can purchase this material (extruded Aluminum
heat sink) at a bit less than $45 for a several foot length. Of course
you need to be able to cut and drill them out while leaving a nice
finish and a hack saw will fail that test.

73

Roger (K8RI)