Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 14:37:46 -0500
Carl, you are right.  400.000 W.  So if that 12A version is good for a US
1500W, then the 16A version may be marginally acceptable for a guy running
the AUS 400W.

Now that I think of it, 2-3 in parallel may be the way to go if a guy were
running 400.001 instead of 400.000 W as may happen - for the most brief of
instances, of course.  :)

I run the 24V version because the current is half and the power dissipation
in the wires is a lot less as a result.   It's a great relay.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com