Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 21:32:55 -0400
Here the Tyco relays have been used without a failure for over five years in
various homemade stack matchers, ant. switchers, etc. while running 1500 W
in RTTY contests.  They are also used at a local M/M station in various HF
contest modes for all sort of ant. and amp. selection without a failure.

"Rappack Controller Design for Stack Match", National Contest Journal,
Jan/Feb 2005 or Wiki,
http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Category:Remote_antenna_switches,
devices are used to make sure the relay control voltage is appropriately
applied to keep from hot switching the relays.  The single IC controller is
based on the quad latch, CD4042.

   Mike, K4GMH