Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays

To: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 10:50:08 -0400
I vaguely remember a photo spread of the Ameritron and its problems either
on the Internet, NCJ, Dayton, or even a YCCC meeting. Showed the burnt
traces, connector and relay failures. These were open frame and the boxes
were tower mounted. Id say this was 1987-90 or so.

The Comtek came along and supposedly addressed the problems and later others
got into the act.

While I cant rule out cockpit error in a contest there were no more problems
here with homebrew stack boxes mounted in CATV boxes, UHF or N barrels
thread right into the cable ports.

Carl
KM1H