Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays

To: "Vic K2VCO" <vic@rakefet.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 15:37:02 -0500
David,

Wetting is usually only required with contacts that never see any
significant current (like what you may have in a receiver).  If it's being
used in a transmit capacity, you have an automatic rewetting action, if you
will, with every key-down.  I think there is a discussion of this on the
PA3AKE site somewhere.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com