Re: [Amps] Why no images allowed?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Why no images allowed?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 23:48:14 -0700
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 18:55:00 -0700, Bill, W6WRT wrote:

>I asked the question to see if there was a way to change things so
>that images, especially schematics, could be included in emails.

When I need to do that, I put the image on my website as a pdf and post a
link in the email. Of course, not everyone has a website. :)

Another very good reason for no attachments is that some folks are still
stuck on dial-up access because they live out in the boonies. That can also
happen when you're traveling. One big attachment can take an hour to
download, and you can't get the rest of your mail until you get that one.
That will sure spoil your day.

73, Jim K9YC