Re: [Amps] time to death in the event of a blower failure

To: keepwalking188@yahoo.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] time to death in the event of a blower failure
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 07:06:55 EST
Hi Jeff, that sounds like a really nifty device. Personally, I like the
idea of having an air flow switch and your heat sensor. Easy for me to say
huh?

It seems that the air flow sensor could be set for the lowest blower  speed
to be covered for all higher speeds. I have not worked with one so  perhaps
there are unfamiliar issues here.

It does seem reasonable that the heat sensor could be set slightly above
the normal air exhaust temperature at the lowest blower setting and provide
the  protection you want. Knowing that heat tends to rise and that you would
never  run the tube that close to meltdown makes one think there would be
ample time to  sense a failure act on it.

You can do a lot of controlled testing by lowering or removing the
operating bias to let the tube plate current increase the standing dissipation
and
heat.

Please do let us know your results.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 11/7/2010 10:27:58 P.M. Central Standard Time,