[Amps] Trying to locate amplifier

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Trying to locate amplifier
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 02:09:02 -0500
  Many years ago (late 60's) I converted an amplifier which was a low band VHF
to 20 and 15 meters.
It had a pair of push pull 4CX250B or perhaps 4X150A tubes (no tube came with
it). I parallel connected the tubes, both halfs of the plate capacitor and used
the whole coil. I also use a dual 365pf variable to convert it to a PI network.
I first used it for a while with 4X150s until I came across some cheap
4CX250B's.
   In any case I am looking for another one. It had some vernier dials National
on the front as well.
Does anyone have an idea what this was? I believe it was made for the military
by Motorola.
73
Bill wa4lav
Please pardon my spelling. I am an engineer. Never had the spelling gene and it
is really late.