Re: [Amps] Trying to locate amplifier

To: donroden@hiwaay.net, amps@contesting.com, Sam Carpenter <sam@owenscommunication.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Trying to locate amplifier
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 08:13:38 -0800 (PST)
Those amplifiers used 2 of the 8560A which is basically a conduction cooled
4CX250B.  The lowband versions were rated at 330 watts output and the highband
versions were rated usually at 250 watts output although a few were rated at
300 watts output.  There were a relatively few amplifiers made with a single
8560A.  The amplifiers had huge heat sinks and most did not have a fan/blower.
The tubes were mounted to ceramic blocks which were then mounted to the heat
sink.

If I remember correctly, those were in the highband MPB and MPY stations (i.e.
B93MMPB-3100A) and in the lowband LPB stations (i.e. B91LPB-3100A).

The MPY repeater version was very popular with mobile telephone and RCC
operations.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com