Re: [Amps] Trying to locate amplifier

To: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>, "Glen Zook" <gzook@yahoo.com>, <donroden@hiwaay.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Trying to locate amplifier
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:53:12 -0800
Nah, they're tetrodes, not triodes.

Those amps are all set up for Class C and run fairly low anode voltage
(usually); the tank circuit can handle a lot more power, they were built
to transmit continuously without tune drifting.

I've put 2200V on them, and added regulated grid bias and screen
supplies for AB1 operation, and the dual tube models will run >800W
output with a muffin fan on the heatsink.

WB2WIK