Re: [Amps] 4 X 4-400C or 4 X 3-500Z HF amplifier

To: "Angel Vilaseca" <avilaseca@bluewin.ch>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4 X 4-400C or 4 X 3-500Z HF amplifier
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:44:18 -0500
Looking at the 4CX1000A and 5CX1500A sockets I believe the breech lock
components of the 4CX1000A/4CX1500B socket can be adapted. The 3CX1000A7
socket also uses the same components.

Once the suppressor ring is firmly attached to the chassis then attach the
remaining components from underneath and using at least 2 connections for
the filament.

This doesnt make for easy removal so also investigate the possibility of
modifying the socket. Those sockets appear to be fairly common in Central
and South America as obsolete FM and military transmitters are scrapped.

Carl
KM1H