Re: [Amps] 5CX1500 socket ( changed subject )

To: "'DAVE WHITE'" <mausoptik@btinternet.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, <donroden@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 5CX1500 socket ( changed subject )
From: "Dick Hanson" <dick@dkhanson.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:56:46 -0600
The 5CX1500A is a good tube and extremely 'robust'.
But, like its smaller siblings, the 4CX1000A and 4CX1500B, can become unruly
if the amp design is inherently unstable.
There are several proven options available to the builder to make it stable:
passive grid and grounded screen to name two.
The proper socket, including the type that optionally grounds the screen, is
an excellent way to begin.
Two chaps that successfully ran this tube for a number of years include
Marv, W6FR and Frank, W0OKC (sk).

Best,
Dick, K5AND