Re: [Amps] Fan for SB220

To: "Rex Lint" <rex@lint.mv.com>, "'Mike'" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fan for SB220
From: "Mitch Cox" <ww4cox@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:21:52 -0500
I think Richard's comments lean more toward reducing the reflection than heat
being radiated away from the tubes by changing colors. He is saying that a flat
black is the best color to break up the reflection rather than having any merit
to radiating heat out of the tube compartment. These are 2 different and
separate things not to be confused with each other as to the merit of reducing
the reflection of shiny metals. Here in lies the confusion. I am still not
completely convinced either way but breaking up the reflection certainly cannot
hurt anything. If anything, the SB-22 should have been designed to move some
cool air over the oven like power supply components also. Well...the
improvements that could be made to the 220 could fill up a book as large as
Peace & War.