Re: [Amps] TenTec Centurion - 422 tuning question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] TenTec Centurion - 422 tuning question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:29:08 -0800
On 12/23/2010 2:53 PM, Alek Petkovic wrote:
> Confusing indeed. I noticed the same thing with the Emtron DX-2SP at
> my club. Turning the knob to the right increases capacitance.

This seems to be the way Ten Tec power amps are set up.  My Titans,
vintage 1980, are also set up that way.

n 12/23/2010 2:46 PM, Gudguyham@aol.com wrote:
> I am still confused about 10 being full capacity.  The dial could have
> been put on wrong.

So take the cover off and look at it!  That's what I did.  End of
confusion. :)

It's also quite easy to change, simply by taking the knob off and
re-seating to zero at max capacity. Now capacitance will be minimum at 10.

It's also important to realize that a pi-network is an impedance
matching network.  So changing the value of the capacitors changes the
match between the output impedance of the tubes and the connected
transmission line.

73, Jim K9YC