Re: [Amps] Where is power measured ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Where is power measured ?
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 07:08:20 -0500
Quoting Paul Manuel <k4pdm@yahoo.com>:
> Field strength measurements are normally not required for broadcast stations.
> 73, Paul K4PDM

I measure my directionals every month and my non-directionals at LEAST
four times a year. You need to know where you are before you can know
where you are going. Yes, the FCC has relaxed the rules from
"required" to "recommended"
and many owners have taken that to mean " unnecessary".

It's analogous to not requiring a speedometer in your car......... but
, you better have some way to prove you weren't exceeding the speed
limit if the radar gun says otherwise.

Don W4DNR