Re: [Amps] Where is power measured ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Where is power measured ?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:10:22 -0700
On 4/7/2011 5:08 AM, donroden@hiwaay.net wrote:
> It's analogous to not requiring a speedometer in your car......... but
> , you better have some way to prove you weren't exceeding the speed
> limit if the radar gun says otherwise.

The current FCC is a bad joke. There's a station near me that's licensed
for a 3-tower DA. They're only driving one of them, running Non-Dir. But
they bought another station, and are running that station on one of the
other towers.  I first head about this about four years ago, soon after
I had moved here -- the guy who had been hired on a contract basis to
maintain the towers (not a qualified broadcast engineer) borrowed test
equipment from me. If there had been any enforcement action I would have
heard about it.

73, Jim K9YC