Re: [Amps] Where is power measured ?

To: gzook@yahoo.com, k4pdm@arrl.net, amps@contesting.com, km1h@jeremy.mv.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Where is power measured ?
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 12:26:44 EDT
Glen, as you know, we both live within a few miles of the KRLD 50KW
transmitter/antenna site.

I have measured over 5 volts of rf on one of the upper tower guys at my
QTH. When I drive up the driveway with the vehicle radio on the AM band and
park near one of the guy anchors, there are several radio programs present at
 the same time, indicating severe cross modulation.

How much is caused by the radio vs tower guys, I don't know.

Also, just driving around the area, the same thing happens at some street
intersections where there are many electrical lines etc present.

I guess I am wondering how much of the 160m QRM is cross mod vs radio
station harmonics.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/7/2011 10:49:26 A.M. Central Daylight Time,