[Amps] Anodised aluminum

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Anodised aluminum
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:11:52 +1100

I would like to thank you all for the helpful replies and emails
regarding using anodised aluminum in amplfier boxes...

The consensus is that it is quite ok to use provided bolts and rivets
bond clean aluminum surfaces...

The material I obtained (free) is 2mm thick and heavily anodised on both
sides..The anodising is nearly like a ceramic coating and virtually
scratch proof....I am going to make a 6 meter GS-35B amplifier using
this material for the case...It has a really nice satin grey finish..I
have just made up a special tool to remove the anodising from all the
drill holes exposing the bare aluminum...

I must tell you, the VHF/SHF fraternity here told me that anodised
aluminum is a big NO for rf work...It takes me three days to manufacture
amplifier cases in my workshop so I look forward to the outcome...

73...Bob..VK3ZL..