Re: [Amps] ICOM PRO III QSK

To: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ICOM PRO III QSK
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:40:24 -0500
 > Here is the site I was thinking of:
 >
 > http://w0qe.com/amplifier_timing.html

Yes, that's one of the sites I was looking for.  You will notice that
in all of the Icom radios shown, *including* the IC-746Pro and 756Pro,
the HSEND line (cyan in the scope pictures) went high between 4.5 and 9
ms *before* RF ended in full QSK.

Using the HSEND/SEND output from the ACC jack with a vacuum relay will
result in hot switching the relays on the transition from transmit to
receive and will result in relay destruction unless the amplifier has
some (10 ms minimum) delay on break.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV