Re: [Amps] Warm up and on time question...

To: <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Warm up and on time question...
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 09:24:00 -0800
I have been thinking about what Roger and Carl just mentioned about front panel
modes that would be nice  for amp flexibility.   Why not find the best key fob
short range on off switch widget out there, and install internally required
wireless controlled relays for B + Low HI,  ON  OFF,  function.   I dont have a
key fob for my  35mpg  ancient Toyota, but I seem to have seen fobs with maybe
4 button functions.  Maybe design the simple inside cabinet RX for your
existing Car Key Fob Lock system.    Perhaps the problem will be  getting RF
signal into the cabinet through all the shielded boxes, and still have the RX
respond correctly in the intense RF fields it would have to live in.
I dont know if the problem still exists of not having drop in cosmetically
identical replacements of the big panel switches, as on the Drake and
Heathkits, which eventually fail from the switch contact erosion, and a life
time of on off cycles.   Leave the orginals in, for cosmetics, but just hang
the wireless on-off key fob on the Operating table.   Press the button and hear
the internal, RF controlled power or B plus, or HI LOW or Filaments  relay kick
in.  Perhaps, carefully sneak a tiny
pigtail antenna out a rear cabinet perforation to the outside, to get the
necessary signal.

73    Pat AA6EG