Re: [Amps] Source for plate xfrmer

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Source for plate xfrmer
From: "DAVE WHITE" <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:54:57 -0000
Yes, that's a bit of a problem for me here.

I also remember visiting another amateur (who shall remain nameless) in
south Wales and watched as he demonstrated how he could modulate the street
light in front of his house.

I don't (to my knowledge!) do such things when I key down, though I do
modulate the house lights quite nicely.  In addition, since my 160m 3/8
inverted L goes 50ft up the tower in the back garden, then over the house to
a 20ft pole on the house chimney stack and then to a 20ft pole in the front
garden I can quite nicely light up the energy saving (fluorescent) light
bulb in the front bedroom so that it (almost) sends CW

For those on the UK, JMS Transformers at Peterborough turn out good quality
transformers quite quickly with something like a week lead time.  They're
getting a bit expensive now though, as is everything here.

cheers

Dave G0OIL