Re: [Amps] Source for plate xfrmer

To: <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Source for plate xfrmer
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:50:22 -0800
Hey, I wonder if a friendly visit or call to the Local Chapter of SBE  (Society
of Broadcast Engineers), could result in a look in their storage sheds, for an
old Tube Broadcast TX power supply, that runs 24/7  for, say, a 2 kw FM
broadcast TX.  I bet such a P/S transformer would be a beast for those used to
seeing ham QRO Supplies.

SBE has websites, with Local chapter information listed.   Invite a Broadcast
Engineer to talk at your Radio Club Meeting.

 I saw that almost happen a number of years ago.  A local station in Carmel
(near Monterey CA)  had a bunch of junk overflowing the outdoor storage shed,
that could have been picked through.
73, de Pat AA6EG