Re: [Amps] Corian for HV insulators?

Subject: Re: [Amps] Corian for HV insulators?
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:45:21 -0700
My neighborhood? Where the deer and the antelope play... ;-)

I can do the microwave test, though. I don't know if it will give me the
answers I need for 60hz dielectric strength, but it will tell me whether
it will work for RF insulators. Corian machines well and isn't too
expensive when bought as scrap, so it's worth finding out.

The case is welded 1/2" clear acrylic, so my preference would be for the
insulators to not be clear as well. I'm not sure why I prefer that,
(since no one will have their hands in there) but I do.

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI