Re: [Amps] Corian for HV insulators?

To: amp reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Corian for HV insulators?
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 06:55:33 -0700 (PDT)
Every installer has scrap from sink cutouts unless they have a side business
making cutting boards. Part of the problem is licensing. To get the material,
one must be a certified installer. It's a closed system because the
manufacturers want to control build quality on the jobsite. One source on the
web (and a way around the certification garbage)  is www.solidsurface.com.
While they don't sell at scrap prices, they do sell surplus and smaller pieces
from a number of manufacturers. I am not affiliated with them but I have
purchased from them. Be aware that shipping can get expensive as the material
is heavy. Finally, I have 5 or 6 sheets of  white no-name import solid surface
material just gathering dust so I have scrap. Contact me off list if interested.

73,
Jim W5QM