Re: [Amps] Tubes vs. Solid State

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tubes vs. Solid State
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 18:16:32 -0400
> 20 liters of water can store enough heat to last comfortably through
> an afternoon of hamming, and overnight the bucket cools down almost
> to room temperature. To work a 48 hour contest, some sort of heat
> exchanger with fan would be needed, or the water would need to be
> replaced every several hours.

The point here is that even 10 liters in a system with a small radiator
and fan would be more than sufficient.  Extend the hoses outside the
shack and one has essentially noiseless cooling *and* removes the heat
from the shack which can be a blessing in hot conditions (like Florida)
on a small shack.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV