Re: [Amps] LDMOS Solid State Amplifiers

To: Tom Thompson <tlthompson@qwest.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] LDMOS Solid State Amplifiers
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 13:44:45 -0400
On 5/6/2012 12:42 PM, Tom Thompson wrote:
> I have two home brew solid state amplifiers, one at a kilowatt and
> one at 600 watts. You can see details at http://www.tomthompson.com
> Both of those amps are promoted by Communications Concepts and are
> Helge Granberg designs.

I am honestly surprised that nobody has updated the Grandberg 4 x
MFR150 design (EB 104) for the VRF-2933.  That would make a "single
board KW" for 90% Plus of all amateurs ... something within 0.5 dB
of the US "legal limit" and capable of handling SWR < 1.5:1 without
a tuner.

The only "real" work would be in optimizing the transformers for the
proper (lower) impedance.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV