Re: [Amps] Tubes vs. Solid State

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tubes vs. Solid State
From: Bob Henderson <bob@5b4agn.net>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 05:59:53 +0000
Tom

Interesting.  Thanks.

With your brass tube transformer, how was Vdd fed to the drains?

The 10db reduction in H3 & H5 is a significant improvement but I am
wondering how much is due to the bifilar choke feed of Vdd and how much due
to transition to a TLT?  It would have been interesting to see what change
resulted from adding the bifilar choke feed to your brass tube transformer
set up.

H3 & H5 at -22dBc or better is easily good enough.  After that, it's all
about IMD performance.

73 Bob, 5B4AGN