Re: [Amps] Advice needed for SS amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice needed for SS amp
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 20:09:34 -0400
On 6/5/2013 7:38 PM, donroden@hiwaay.net wrote:
I'm thinking of water cooling. I'm thinking of running a full wave
bridge rectifier directly off the 240 VAC line, thus eliminating
the power transformer and giving about 340 VDC no-load.

Sounds like what the State of Alabama uses to dispatch hardened
criminals.....

Water cooling is nice, but you are probably going to need either DI or distilled water at those voltages and water cooling can be a royal PITA when things go wrong.

That's 26 years of working with it, but at much higher voltages although the equipment was rugged and could survive a lot.

73

Roger (K8RI)

LOL !!!

Don W4DNR