Re: [Amps] Advice needed for SS amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice needed for SS amp
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 08:24:58 -0600
2000W of power(heat) into 1 gallon of pure water raises the temperature 7.7deg. C (13.7deg. F) per minute. Anything you do to water such as mixing in alcohol reduces the cooling capacity somewhat. In a total loss system where the water would be run through the amp and then out into the garden a flow of 1 quart (or ~ 1 liter) per minute would suffice.

Larry, W0QE