Re: [Amps] Commander HF-1250 problem

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Commander HF-1250 problem
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:05:49 -0500
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:04:54 -0500, you wrote:

You trying to play Freddie Flatfoot again Bill? No surprise there.

Where did I say it was used on a ham band or CB for that matter? The wording
was specifically meant to get a clueless PITA mouthing off.

If you dont know what Im involved with you should keep your flap shut.

Carl
KM1H

REPLY:

Gee Carl, I worry about you.

** No need to as I have qualified people and a loving family plus girlfriend to do that.

You have demonstrated your cluelessness about technical subjects over and
over on this reflector, so I thought you had screwed up again. Glad to see
you hadn't.  I remember your famous gaffe about PIV ratings in a bridge
rectifier. It took a number of us to finally get you straightened out, but
we were glad to help.

** Hmm, that discussion was more of a difference of opinion between adequate and very conservative number of diodes if I remember. OTOH, Ive never claimed to be perfect and defer that to you and JI. Ive owned up to my share of errors.

Still waiting for you to document your statement that the coil in a VHF
parasitic suppressor MUST be self-resonant at the parasitic frequency. You
seem to be the only one to have made such a statement. Can you cite your
source(s) please?

** First of all I doubt if I said the coil MUST be resonant at the EXACT parasitic frequency and secondly I dont owe you anything for references as in my opinion you can do your own research.

Thank you,

73, Bill W6WRT

** In any case I consider both subjects long past and closed and only a very petty person would keep bringing them up.
Maybe it is time for you to take another long absence from here.

Carl
KM1H