[Amps] Commander HF-1250 problem

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Commander HF-1250 problem
From: doug ferguson <thenewt@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:10:31 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:33:44 +0100, Peter wrote:

>>Commander was never big on serviceability. After that two day
> adventure, I called it "The Amplifier From Hell".<
>
>With some gear, one is left with unshakeable opinion that at least the
>mechanical design was done by someone secure in the knowledge that HE would
>never have service it!
>
>73
>
>Peter G3RZP

REPLY:

If you go back and read the QST review for the HF-2500, the reviewer stated
how nice it was to have an amplifier that is easy to service!

I invite him to try to change the meter light bulbs in an HF-2500.   :-)

73, Bill W6WRT

I'm actually considering fabricating an access panel on the bottom of
this thing under the rf deck in order the get to the power supply components
without having to disassemble the tank circuit components.  When Palstar
bought Command Technologies they did this as well as redesign to make
everything serviceable and then promptly sold to someone else who has
never made them available.  Too bad as this is an absolute beast of an
amp that in 10 years has given me no problems-----UNTIL NOW!! It's a great
RTTY contesting amp.

Doug - N7NM