Re: [Amps] Commander HF-1250 problem

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Commander HF-1250 problem
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 16:23:15 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:42:06 -0500, KM1H wrote:

>The HF-1250 has no such problem; I believe your complaint was with the
>HF-2500 in a RTTY contest.
>
>With the HF-2500 I havent had any problem running at a 750W AM carrier on
>any frequency for long periods.
>
>Or at 2000W key down tests
>
>Carl
>KM1H

REPLY:

Correct, the comment was about repairability of Command products. Mine was
an HF-2500.

And BTW, 750 watts of AM violates FCC rules on PEP unless you keep the
modulation percentage very low. Did you? And if so, you don't need that much
carrier.

73, Bill W6WRT