Re: [Amps] Old Moto RF Decks

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Old Moto RF Decks
From: John Kinney <J.Kinney@freescale.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 23:17:23 +0000
Hi Carl,

You are correct.  I saw very poor IMDs on the two tube version at anything over
about 400 Watts.  I friend of mine helped me build a filter, 5 poles as I
recall, for use on the output.  It brought the 2nd and 3rd harmonics down quite
nicely, using two tone 1 kHz spacing.  We used an Anritsu Spectrum Analyzer for
monitoring into a 2KW dummy load and the 2nd and 3rd harmonics were down about
50 and 70 db as I recall.

It was a lot of fun playing with those old amps.

Thanks,

John Kinney
RF Solutions Team
Freescale Semiconductor