Re: [Amps] Old Moto RF Decks

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Old Moto RF Decks
From: KA4INM radio <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 13:39:05 -0500
  On 12/04/14 08:25, Manfred Mornhinweg wrote:

Maybe when you think of class B solid state amps, you include a small
idle current? If so, then it's fine, although that kind of operation, by
the old definition is class AB.

In that case there has never been an AM broadcast transmitter with a class"B" modulator, most people that worked with them don't think that is the case. I was taught that the 180 degrees is a generalization, I was also taught in practice, P-P class "B" LINEAR stages always operate with a bit of forward bias.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.