Re: [Amps] ceramic vs glass

To: "amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ceramic vs glass
From: Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 11:30:07 -0700
The AL-1200 has had it's share, some may say more than it's share, of
abuse over the years. It's a given that running one at 1,200 watts, RTTY,
on 10 Meters is not a good thing.

If you insist on running near CCS levels, then by all means get a bigger
Amp. But, for those who run SSB or CW at more modest levels, the
AL-1200 provides the most bang for the buck. Although you may fry
some of the components at high levels, it's very hard to kill the tube.

73, Dick, W1KSZ