Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 23:51:09 +0000

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 16:37:48 -0600, Bob Atkinson wrote:

>No, you don't get to blow off the technical stuff and play with some
>toys if you want to be a legitimate grant holder.
>
>If you want to sit back and run a ham shack "entertainment center,"
>you should get another hobby.

REPLY:

Really?  I don't see any of the above in Part 97. Seems to me it
exists only in your mind. And you are NOT the rule maker.

Please quote the section in Part 97 that defines a "legitimate" grant
holder, and the part suggesting you "get another hobby".

In other words, different people have different interests within the
hobby and conforming to YOUR interests is totally optional.

73, Bill W6WRT