Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 07:28:38 +1300
On 08/11/17 07:21, Jeff wrote:
[..] Over the following week I collected an OO card and a few FYI email from guys nice enough to mention that my CW 2nd harmonic was being copied in the low end of the SSB 80m band.

Any actual complaints?

I've moved since then and have better antennas.  But a feature of all the new stuff is a notch on the 2nd harmonic if it's in a ham band.

It's a good idea - especially if there were complaints..

I think it's fine for anyone to do as they choose in their own home, but not so in the community.  In THIS case, pathologically and publicly self-policing, and THEN pathologically, repeatedly and publicly SELLING the idea to the community is HARMFUL, and I'll speak out against it.

Fix real problems.  Don't cause harm.