Re: [Amps] KPA1500 Efficiency vs. RF-Kit B26

To: "Amps@Contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] KPA1500 Efficiency vs. RF-Kit B26
From: John Simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:58:40 -0500
Dave,

Back in the day I DID repair Motorola VHF amps that had that very problem!

-de John NI0K in rural Debs, MN USA
https://www.qrz.com/db/NI0K

Artek Manuals wrote on 7/13/2021 3:52 PM:
Yep ....same here with my KPA1500 though I rarely see temps over 70C (Im not as good a contester as K9YC) . 25000 QSO's in the first two years of ownership...I put the Alpha 9500 in the cabinet as a spare and it has never seen the light of days since ..

The fault level according to the manual is 112C

Back in the good old days at Bipolar days at Motorola 2-Way we had PA decks get hot enough the reflow the solder on the PA transistors on the ceramic substrate...8^)

Dave
NR1DX