Re: [Amps] KPA1500 Efficiency vs. RF-Kit B26

To: "jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net" <jim.thom@telus.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] KPA1500 Efficiency vs. RF-Kit B26
From: Adrian <vk4tux@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 10:56:21 +1000
The problem also with that is the temperature at the LDMOS source material (mount flange) is usually much hotter than where the sensor

is located. In the SPE anyway, on which I have measured (infra red laser thermometer) a 69 deg C TD between the two.

So the indicated temp is usually the heat-sink average, and not the device.

That is why 50 deg C indicated is a safer limit, I would not take it past 70 in a pinch.

It would interesting to check the sensor and LDMOS (on both) TD in the KPA1500.

vk4tux