Re: [Amps] new Alpha

To: "gudguyham@aol.com" <gudguyham@aol.com>, Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] new Alpha
From: BILL KENNAMER <k5fuv@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:10:37 +0000 (UTC)
The guy that bought Alpha already owns a solid state amplifier company.K5FUV

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, January 22, 2022, 7:15 AM, gudguyham--- via Amps
<amps@contesting.com> wrote:

It’s to the point that Eimac tubes are just too expensive and one thinks hard
that the price of an Eimac 8877 or pair of 3cx800’s are half or more of a
modern entry level solid state amplifier.  The Chinese make low cost tunes in
comparison but the quality is as low as the price too.  You’ll probably buy two
Chinese tubes of any sort to one Eimac.  The new 9500 he talks about will
probably be a Chinese 8877, their 4cx1000’s in the big dual amp are Chinese. OM
Power uses the Chinese FU728, about a $400 tube but can’t hold a candle to s
your Eimac tube.  Will be interesting to watch unfold.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Saturday, January 22, 2022, 8:04 AM, Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>